Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ringing in the new year with abstraction

Ghost images for 4 new works
It takes a nudge for me to get back into the studio after a holiday.  Over the past couple of weeks I spent an hour or two working whenever family was elsewhere, and the distractions were easily ignored.  I managed to get my canvases and other substrates gessoed in the between hours.  I am working on Ampersand board to which I applied layers of gesso in various tones of blue with a textured surface. 
Join us at this lovely Hill country venue!
Yesterday had a full 5 hour session to sketch in my "ghost" images for 4 new pieces.  I had spent hours getting each image narrowed down to the best abstract composition by reducing the size of the image.  I placed the 4 boards in various configurations to check for composition based on abstraction.  Now for the fun part!  Layers of acrylic with a final glaze of oils.
These new works will be part of an upcoming exhibit of my Agave Series at Hill Design + Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment