Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lovely companions

"Prickly Profusion" © Marilyn Rea Nasky  30 x 30 x 2.5 Mixed Medium on canvas
Sometimes paintings seems to belong to each other, as with the two I just finished today.  I applied a layer of H2Oils to "Prickly Profusion", and added a transparent layer of acrylics to "Wolf Moon Rising".  I don't know why I jumped into the acrylic layer of "Prickly Profusion" with the H2Oils...but once I started I could hardly go back.  I had wanted to work a bit more on "Wolf Moon Rising", and after the oils this seemed like a piece of cake.  Here is my contribution to the world today.
"Wolf Moon Rising" © Marilyn Rea Nasky  36 x 18 x .75 Acrylic on Board


I hope you enjoy the view.  Both  pieces will be part of a 4 woman exhibit at North Hills Gallery, 7050 Village Center Drive, Austin TX 78731, entitled It's Hot and It's Art, August 3-28, 2011, Reception August 7, 2011  12:30-1:30PM

No comments:

Post a Comment