Friday, October 8, 2010

Collaboration brings inspiration!

Marilyn Rea Nasky and Channe Felton at "Poet Tree", studio2gallery,  Austin TX
Recently I traveled to Denver, CO. and visited Rocky Mountain National Park where we hiked, sketched, took pics, and breathed wonderful mountain air.  Next day we drove the route from Boulder to Keystone,
and up over Loveland Pass, stopping frequently to take pics and gather Aspen leaves which fell through the crisp autumn air.  This reminded me of my childhood family camping trips to the Colorado high country when my siblings and I collected the Aspen leaves, pretending they were gold coins.
This time I collected the leaves for a collaboration with Texas based artist, Channe Felton.  The concept for this collaboration began at studio2gallery where I was the featured artist in Aug. 2010.  The finished work will be submitted to Austin Art Space Gallery for the upcoming 6th annual 12buy12 juried show. As I worked through my process with the collaborative journey in mind I stumbled upon new and exciting concepts and applications with Chroma Interactive Acrylics
 Hope you will enjoy this visual journal which proves that when you go into the studio to work, the muse shows up and new ideas begin to flow.  Can't wait to see the final product after Channe works her magic!
Image begins to emerge
Added pigment
9, 12 x 12" images in black and white
Step one = gesso
                                        Happy painting and may the muse be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment