Thursday, July 1, 2010

"What Texas Means to Me" at Austin Art Space Gallery, Austin TX

You are invited to an artist's reception by Austin Art Space Resident, Marilyn Rea Nasky.  Please visit the Austin Art Space website link to preview work accepted into this international juried show.  Included is my painting of the prickly pear cactus entitled "High Noon". These Texas tough cacti grow wild on the curb sides, and open spaces of Austin, TX, and surrounding area. 
I love the complex botanical form. Add the intense light of Texas and you have a botanical artist's dream of line, shape, form, color, value and texture, a favorite design element.
I've also noticed alot of these little "critters" poppin' up on our 3 acres in the wilds of TX. 
Prickly is the key word here!
See more of my Texas Still Scapes on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment