Monday, April 18, 2011

"Edge of Evening" and lessons learned

 
"Edge of Evening" 36 x 48 x 1.25 Acrylic Available for Collection
This morning I got up early and spent several hours adjusting the blues my latest effort pictured here. The application of another layer of blue was great fun as it allowed me to negative space paint in details, but the reason for adjustment was that the blues needed to brought up a value.
I used a tool invented by an artist friend of mine
to assess the values.

Color can be so seductive, but value is much more important.
There is a saying that value does all the work and color gets all the credit. Amen to that!


The painting will be be shown at my studio space at Austin Art Space Gallery
Austin TX, and is available for collection.  Please contact me through my website to arrange for payment via paypal. 







My next blue destination!  Happy painting to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment