Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Three Prickly Pears finshied and hung in Austin Art Space Gallery!

There is something so wonderful about putting the signature on a finished painting and hanging in the public view.
I have known artists who form emotional attachments to their work, and don't really want to sell them, but since I recently stepped over the "100 paintings" mark, (some wise artist once told me that you couldn't complain about not selling until you had completed 100 paintings...but we certainly don't want over a 100 paintings hanging around the house do we?) my next task is to find galleries and a good art rep.
So once a painting is properly documented, I will happily send it out into the world, hopefully to find a good home.  All of my work from the past year has begun it's life in the world, at Austin Art Space Gallery, in Austin,TX. From there they circulate around a number of venues, including a couple of area galleries. Enough of my work was purchased this past year to pay the rent and give me a reason to keep making more, but as all artists must, I have to expand.  Any ideas, hints, tips, words of wisdom on how to get the product to the market more effectivley?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marilyn,
    Ah yes, the final brush stroke is our signature.
    Good luck with getting out there and selling your art. How wonderful that you've earnt enough to pay the rent.
    I think word of mouth is the best way to get out there! You have started that by being right here blogging.
    I'll be back to see what great ideas you have.
    Happy Painting,
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete