Monday, February 6, 2012

New beginnings: Guest artist and new series start up in the same week!

2012 is getting off to a flying start! The entire body of original work from my Agave Series is on view and available for collection from Hill Design + Gallery in Georgetown, TX, through March 31, 2012. If you live in the Austin area treat yourself to a visit to this lovely hill country venue. If you are not in the area, you can view the series online.  Each of the images is scanned and proofed for high resolution giclee prints.  Visit my site link for more information on prints.
I also have a wonderful guest artist, Marilyn Fenn, in my studio at Austin Art Space Gallery and Studios, Austin, TX for the 7th Annual "For the Love of Art" Exhibition and Sale
I love the excitement and energy that a guest artist brings to my space. Of course, that means that I have to remove some of my work to make room for my guest, but this seems to me to be a useful tool in the process of new beginnings.  It always inspires me to get back into process, which is where the magic happens.
New work from guest artist, Marilyn Fenn



New Beginnings for Tree Series
I worked for several hours in my home studio today putting colored gesso on 17 substrates, 16 x 20", and 24 x 30 x 1.25".  This application process is a new concept for me and I am excited to continue with the process. I will be adding an additional 5, 24 x 24 x 1.25" canvases to the "batch" this weekend.  For me, this is an exciting step, when each canvas has wide open possibilities and potential.  I am continuing with my series based on tree imagery from the Rockies to Central Texas.  At this point, the canvases and boards are color fields, but as I view them now I see that each one has a personality.  I will post images as they evolve. 
Meanwhile, here's to new beginnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment