Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bluebonnet envy in Central TX

Ever since we moved here 14 years ago, I have tried to grow bluebonnets, which for those of you who don't live in Takes-us, is the state flower.  Last year there were a few in my front yard, but nothing to write home about.  This year they took off and filled up the front courtyard.  Another patch sprouted up by our driveway and grew by twice this spring.  I was so proud of my crop of my lovely lupine until I looked across the road an saw my neighbor's hillside. That's when the bluebonnet envy struck!  Hopefully some of the seed from his field will travel our way, meanwhile I am pleased to have a neighbor who plants native, and I will get even, no doubt!



I've thrown in a couple other pics from my walk with Lilo, the wonder mutt, today when the sun peaked out for about 10 minutes.  This is truly the most incredible spring I've experienced here...I'm a Colorado gal so it takes a lot to impress me.  the wildbirds are all back, including the Scott's oriel (sp)
and all the geckos are poppin out...and best of all few bugs so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment