Saturday, March 20, 2010

Organzation for the creative mind?


After a couple of days out and about, I've returned to my studio to find myself surrounded by paintings in various stages of completion. Many of these were started at demonstrations, and some for upcoming shows.
First I have to "clear the decks" so I can find my way into the space. I call this the puttering phase of the process.  I would really like to have an art slave to do this for me..perhaps a muse of sorts.

The Texas skyscapes will be the first ones to get my attention...something so soothing about blending with Chroma Interacitves pigments and mediums.  One thing for sure-I'm never lacking in ideas and inspiration for subject matter.  I like to keep a lot of "irons in the fire" so if one goes cold I can roll onto the next.  I'll post each painting as it completes.
Visit my website to view more work and link to my events blog.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marilyn! James Parker sent me! He could not say enough good things about you. Right now, I am coveting your gorgeous studio. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there-I am doing a workshop for Highland Art Guild, May 11,12 at the Highland Art Guild Gallery. Hope to see you there!
    Best-M

    ReplyDelete